8 Mayıs 2016 Pazar

Death in the Freezer (Dondurucuda Ölüm)






Death in the Freezer by Tim Vicary page 1 - 2: Baby Al


I killed a dead man. That's why I'm in prison.



The dead man was my brother, Al. He was born six years after me, and I always hated him, even when he was a baby. Before he was born, my parents loved me. My father carried me on his back, and took me swimming. My mother bought me lots of dolls, and we played with them together. I have seen the photos. My parents took a lot of photos of me, in my first six years. I still have the photos, in a book.





But then Al was born. I have a photo of him, too, as a baby in the hospital, here in Los Angeles. My mother is holding him, and looking at him with a big smile on her face. My father has his arm round my mother, and he is smiling at a baby Al, too. Al is holding his daddy's finger.



And me? Where am I in this picture? I am standing by myself, beside the bed, watching them. There is a strange smile on my face. I think I am happy, but I'm not sure. And no one is looking at me.



It was always like that, after Al was born. He was a boy, and that was important to my parents - and very important to my Dad. Most of the photos in the book are of Al. Al eating baby food, Al learning to walk, Al on my Dad's back, Al playing football, Al swimming, Al running, Al having a big party with his friends.



A hundred photos of Al, and five or ten of me.


Of course, my parents played with me sometimes, took me swimming, bought me clothes. But they weren't interested in me. Before Al was born, they spent a lot of time with me. After he was born, they didn't.





My translation attemp (Çeviri denemem)


Ölü bir adamı öldürdüm. Bu yüzden cezaevindeyim.



Ölü adam benim erkek kardeşimdi, Al. Benden 6 yıl sonra doğdu ve her zaman ondan nefret ettim, hatta o bir bebekken bile. O doğmadan önce ailem beni severdi. Babam beni sırtında taşırdı ve yüzmeye götürürdü. Annem bana bir sürü bebek alırdı ve onlarla beraberce oynardık. Fotoğrafları gördüm. Ebeveynlerim ilk 6 yılımda benim bir çok fotoğrafımı çekti. Fotoğraflar hala bende, bir kitabın içinde.



Fakat sonra Al doğdu. Bende onun hastanede bir bebek iken(ki fotoğrafları da var, burada, Los Angeles'da. Annem onu tutuyor ve yüzünde büyük bir gülümsemeyle ona bakıyor. Babamın kolu annemi sarmış durumda ve o da bebek Al'e gülümsüyor. Al babasının parmağını tutuyor.



Ve ben? Ben bu resimde neredeyim? Onlara bakarak yatağın yanında kendi kendime ayakta duruyorum. Yüzümde yabancı bir tebessüm var. Mutlu olduğumu sanıyorum fakat bundan emin değilim. Ve kimse bana bakmıyor.



Al doğduktan sonra bu hep böyle oldu. O bir erkek çocuğuydu ve bu anne babam için önemliydi  - ve babam için çok önemliydi. Kitabın içindeki fotoğrafların çoğu Al'e ait. Al bebek maması yiyor, Al yürümeye çalışıyor, Al babamın sırtında, Al futbol oynuyor, Al yüzüyor, Al koşuyor, Al arkadaşlarıyla büyük bir parti veriyor.



Al'in yüzlerde fotoğrafı ve benim 5 - 10 tane.



Tabii ki anne babam ara sıra benimle oynadılar, beni yüzmeye götürdüler, bana kıyafetler aldılar. Fakat benimle ilgili değildiler. Al doğmadan önce benimle çok zaman geçirirlerdi. Al doğduktan sonra bunu yapmadılar.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder